jeudi 3 novembre 2011

DO BETTER THAN SHAKESPEARE (in capital letters)

ROBERTO ALVIM has a wonderful ENERGY. He shared it with 8 playwrighters participating in the workshop he was invited for by Cifas in the last weeks and for this I want to THANK HIM. Because SHARING this ENERGY is probably BEYOND all the things he SAID during these two weeks. This ENERGY is the LIVING FACE of all the speeches he gave.

The fact is : we lack so much ENERGY and WILL to just LIVE and DO and EXPERIMENT LIFE. This is why we find ourselves unhappy in CULTURE and not experiencing in ART. I knew it before. We all know it. But voices remembering it with real FAITH are RARE. Sometimes the NEED to MAKE THIS HEARD needs CAPITAL LETTERS or WALKING UP A CHAIR to SAY IT.

The fact is : we all want to drink from fresh fountains of freedom but surrounded by plastic bottles we end up drinking out of these and forget about the fountain. In the end plastic bottles are not that bad in the end that is the way things go in the end I just want to drink.

NO! Keep walking!

Keep walking. Believe you can do better than Shakespeare. Celebrate. Experiment. Construct. It is not about the story the characters your thoughts what you might have to say about your experience about what you think of the world - we have too many of this already don’t worry we will have it forever but we need something ELSE. All these provocative propositions have shaken all the participant playwrighters deep down. And this was good. Why wouldn’t I want to do better than Shakespeare? Why would I think it is impossible? Why would I think it is unnecessary? Thank you for being demanding, for demanding more of us. Because this is what art is about. Emulation. Reciprocal gifts. Celebration of everything in this universe and beyond.

Another thank you for not giving cake recipes. For not nourishing the BIG LIE that there is a method for everything and especially not ART. For making me laugh inside thinking about screenplay writing methods. SINGULARITIES : that is what Roberto encouraged us to deepen and work with. I am not sharing all his aesthetics - this is even better.

In my personal case, Roberto just OPENED WIDE the door I was staring at, frightened to do something weird or that would not be received or understood. I knew very well what was behind the door. Now I got there. And I feel the BEAUTIFUL FREEDOM IN WRITING. It almost seems a SIN to feel so FREE. (Ahh. Christianism.)

For several months now, I have been deepening my self-consciousness as a poet. Working with words. Working. With. Words. Words can do everything. I knew it. I am even more sure now. Let us kill the communicational poor shrinked sick tortured dying word and touch language as gold with which new worlds are to be created.

Poetry is magic : it creates new worlds. How great. Who would want to do anything else?

---

Photo Charlotte David

PS - There is a lot to say too about the fantastic meeting with the actors and Juliana Galdino after the work on writing, but this deserves another post!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire